Saturday, November 12, 2011
peanut butter chocolate chip cookies!
A little while ago, I bought some peanut butter and was disappointed by the lack of deliciousness. But I kept it, figuring that it would taste fine (or delicious) in some peanut butter cookies! How right I was :)
Here's the recipe:
1 cup earth balance
1 cup peanut butter (crunchy is best)
1 cup sucanat
1 cup organic unrefined sugar
ener-g egg replacer for 2 eggs
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (it is easier to get vegan ones than you think. while I obviously recommend the organic ones you'd find at a health food store, ghiradelli, for example, makes vegan ones. just check the ingredients!)
1. Cream together the earth balance, sucanat and unrefined sugar, and peanut butter. Then add in the egg replacer.
2. In a medium sized bowl, mix together the flours, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
3. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Add in chocolate chips.
4. Put dough in refrigerator for at least an hour.
5. Preheat oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit. Roll dough into one inch balls and place on a baking sheet (if you have a silpat, definitely use it!). Flatten ball slightly with a fork in the classic criss-cross fashion. Don't over flatten, because you will have a lot of difficulty getting them off the baking sheet if you do.
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Do not over bake. It may be extremely difficult to get them off the baking sheet and onto a cooling rack at first, so wait a few minutes.