Saturday, March 24, 2012
We're discontinuing one brand of peanut butter at work, so it's super cheap, and I bought a ton so I could experiment with more recipes!
These are seriously so yummy. It's ridiculous.
1/4 cup earth balance (room temp)
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup organic unrefined sugar (I used turbinado sugar)
ener-g egg replacer for 2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract (singing dog is the best!)
1 1/2 cups organic unbleached white flour
1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/3 cup non-dairy milk or silk creamer
3/4 cup chocolate chips (guittard makes vegan fair trade ones now!)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
2. Cream together the earth balance, peanut butter, and sugar.
3. Add the egg replacer and vanilla extract.
4. Mix together the flour and baking powder.
5. Add some of the dry mix to the buttery mix.
6. Add the non-dairy milk and the rest of the dry mix.
7. Add the chocolate chips.
Spoon the mixture into greased cupcake liners (in a tin).
Bake 20 minutes. If you stick a knife/toothpick into the brownies, it will not come out totally clean but that is o-k!
Let them cool for a while, and if you want, frost them to make brownie cupcakes! I found they didn't need frosting because they are already so sweet and rich.